As a child, I never actually celebrated Saint Patrick's Day, even though my father's name is Patrick! My family and I would wish him a happy day with tongue in cheek. I discovered Saint Patrick's Day as an adult and the many wonderful crafting opportunities that accompany it. So, in preparation for this St. Patty's, I thought I'd share some of my favourite green themed crafts with you!
1. Watercolor Shamrock Cards - These beautiful watercolor cards by Hello, wonderful are like snowflakes... No two paint patterns will turn out the same!
2. Rainbow Shamrock Craft - A colourful twist on your classic shamrock, this rainbow craft by Housing a Forest make for vibrant holiday decorations.
3. Shamrock Sun Catcher - Try your luck making these gorgeous green sun catchers by Director Jewels.
4. Paper Cut Shamrock - This pint-sized craft by Chica Circle couldn't be easier or more adorable!
5. Paper Shamrock - This paper shamrock by Siayla is a little more intricate to make but great for practicing fine motor skills with your little one.
7. How to Grow Sprouts on a Sponge - Another innovative idea by Housing a Forest... Both an educational science experiment and a craft, learn how to grow sprouts on a sponge! My son loves to plant seeds and look at them grow so this project was the perfect fit.
8. Frozen Rainbow Eruption - Mix your crafts with science and make your own erupting rainbow with this neat idea by Learn, Play, Imagine.
9. Walking Water Rainbow - Inspire your little one's scientific mind with this rainbow that walks by The Stem Laboratory.
10. Pom Pom Rainbow Craft - Danya Banya brings you this cute activity, great for developing fine motor skills and colour recognition, as well as direction following faculties.
11. Tissue Paper Rainbow - Crafts by Courtney brings you this easily executed craft that makes for a lively addition to any kitchen fridge.
12. Leprechaun Puppet - Create your own pocket leprechaun puppets. These charming little sprites by Crafty Morning make for great story-telling props.
13. Leprechaun - These goofy paper leprechauns by Housing a Forest will be sure to elicit a giggle or two before you're threw making them.
14. Leprechaun Craft with a Fork - Who knew you could make a leprechaun with a fork? Crafty Morning did!
15. Handprint Leprechaun - Yet another way to immortalize your child's handprint! Pick Ease thought up a way to transform dainty paint smeared prints into the cutest little leprechauns yet!
16. Magic Leprechaun Rock - This activity by Gift of Curiosity takes a little planning but is way worth the trouble. You'll need to prepare it a day in advance.
Last but not least, and my personal favourite...
17. Leprechaun Balloon Rockets - Brought to you by the brilliant mind behind Housing a Forest, this activity may not qualify as a craft, but it does qualify as a rockin' good time. An absolute Saint Patrick's Day must for any family!