Valentine's Day is a celebration of love. Whether that love is romantic, familial, or assumes a more general form, the heart of the matter remains; Love enriches our lives and elevates us as human beings. At times, it makes us do crazy things... And occasionally, we make beautiful things in its name. For these reasons and for a million more intangible ones, Valentine's Day is a day worth celebrating. And what better way to celebrate than by spending some quality time with the ones you love most, making art and making memories.
Need some inspiration? We've put together a list of our favourite family-friendly Valentine's Day crafts for you to try with your little loves this year!
1. Flowering Tree from a Kid’s Hand – These “hand” made trees sport heart-shaped leaves for a sweet twist on a classic craft by Krokotak.
2. The Kissing Hand Pop-Up Card – These pop-up cards by Buggy and Buddy are perfect for writing each other little love notes this V-Day.
3. Potato Stamping – Old potatoes? No problem! Make your own heart-shaped potato stamps, like Karin Jordan Studio does here.
4. Paper Roll Heart Mouse Craft – This craft is as easy as it is adorable and a must-try with your little ones this February. Visit Non Toy Gifts for detailed instructions.
5. Slow Falling Hearts Sensory Bottle – Fall in love with the calming rhythm of these slow moving hearts by Rhythms of Play.
6. Tin Foil Heart Valentine's Day Craft – Each heart will be as a snowflake; A unique expression of your child's creativity. Visit I Heart Crafty Things for step by step instructions.
7. Rainbow Heart Suncatchers – These stunning homemade suncatchers by Fireflies and Mudpies are a breeze to make for kids of all ages and are a lively addition to the household!
8. Soft Pastel Rainbow Hearts – Create hearts in all the colours of the rainbow with soft pastels and these simple steps by Twitchetts.
As you all know by now, I love doing science experiments with my son. So, here are a few more Valentine's Day crafts with a twist of science!
9. Valentines Themed Density Jar Experiment – Easy, educational, and so much fun... These Valentines themed density jars by Lemon Lime Adventures are an absolute must-make for all children.
10. Bubble Painting – This nifty little experiment by Red Ted Art makes use of baking soda and vinegar in an unconventional way. You can actually see the chemical reaction happening while you're painting... Fascinating!
11. Crystal Hearts Valentines Science Experiment – Last but not least, the Growing Crystal Experiment by Little Bins for Little Hands! Because of the chemicals involved, an adult has to do most of the manipulation, but your little one will love watching the experiment unfold.
Discover more ideas for fun, family-friendly Valentine's Day crafts on our Pinterest Page!